Documented today (May 2017), the story of my (Wyczałkowski) begins with Michal married to Apolonia Kotarska. Wyczałkowski's name is associated with the village of Wyczałkowo in the municipality and the parish of Tłuchowo, originally called Wyczółkowo. The village already existed in the 16th century and was inhabited by twenty Wyczałkowskis, most of whom belonged to the Ślepowron coat of arms.
Turza Wilcza is one of the oldest villages in the parish and community of the Tłuchowo. It was already in the 15th century and was inhabited by the Turski family. In the 18th and 19th century new owners appeared. One of the Wyczałkowski got married with a girl from Turza Wilcza and started the Wyczałkowski branch of the Turza Wilcza. So we can accept the theory that all Wyczałkowskis living in the Turza Wilcza are related to Michał. Maybe someday documents to confirm this will will be found.
Information I took from Tadeusz Pawłowski's book - Tłuchowo the Little Homeland
The first information about Wyczałkowski's life comes from the wedding documents. Jan Wyczałkowski married Kordula Gąsiorowska in 1865 after completing 25 years of military service in the Russian Army. After returning home, Kordula worked as a house maid and Jan as a contract worker.
Jan and Kordula had four documented children: John, Alexander, Joanna and Tekla.
The oldest Jan was a policeman in Konin and later founded a colonial shop in Sierpc. Joanna and Tekla were dressmakers. They lived in Krakow and they kept sewing clothes to order. They never married. Alexander emigrated to the United States to avoid mandatory service in the Russian army. He arrived on July 21, 1897 by boat Nederland from Antwerp to Philadelphia. According to the arrival document Alexander was sponsored by his brother-in-law Emil Hecht. Alexander’s relation with Emil Hecht was bogus because Alexander did not have a sister in the US.
Alexander originally settled in Pittsburgh and then went to Chicago where he founded a tailor business. He owned several houses in Chicago that he had lost during the Great Depression. Married to Anna Stopka, he had adopted daughter Eugenia and two biological daughters Adeline and Eleonore.
Jan Wyczałkowski's eldest son - also Jan married Anna Rezlewicz, and there were four children from the marriage: Anna, Aleksander, Pawel, Tadeusz. Immediately after the war Anna emigrated to England, Tadeusz died in Warsaw in 1944, Aleksander was murdered by the Russians in Starobielsk, Pawel graduated from the Academy of Commerce in Cracow, then worked since 1928 in Katowice as an accountant. In 1946 Paweł and family moved to Wroclaw where he worked in the publishing house Ossolineum as an accountant.
Jan Wyczałkowski's first wife Anna died in 1918. Jan got married for the second time to Pelagia Kacperska and had one daughter Helena.
The oldest mention of the Mossakowski family originated from the year 1597. The family comes from the ancestral nest, which is the village Moszaki (Mosaki or Mossaki) in the district of Ciechanow. At first the village was called Grudowo, the first mention of which can be found in 1426. The Mossakowski family begins with Stanisław Moszak and his father Mosza. The area of land they owned was about 500 hectares and the family received it from the state giving before 1414.
In Poland according to the 1990 census the Mossakowski or Mosakowski name is used by about 2500 people. It can be assumed everybody carrying this name relates to Stanislaw Moszak and his sons.
In our part, the first information is about Michał Mossakowski, who had three sons: Aleksander, Joseph and Roman, and two daughters: Anna and Marianna. It is known that Roman was a priest in Rypin as vicar and then parish priest in Zakrzewo.
Joseph owned the vast land in Zawidz, which he sold in 1910 and moved to Płock where he bought a tenement. He decided that his wife Zofa after his death would not be able to manage the land and production and therefore sold it. Due to the great inflation, Joseph lost most of the the money from the sale of the estate. Jozef wife Zofia Sokolnicka's was left without a means of life after his death and kept living in the tenement house and rented room to support the family of five. The oldest son, Zygmunt, at the age of 16, had to leave his house and earn his living. Initially he worked as an agronomist and later as a policeman.
and Jozef had five children: Ferynanda, Zygmunt, Edward, Halina and Waclawa.
Ferdinand, Wacława and Halina survived the WWII, Zygmunt died in Katyn
murdered by the Russians.
The Silnicki family was the owner of a large farm in the Kletkeniki village near the town of Verenovo or Voronovo in the Grodno region of Belarus. Prior to World War II, the region was within the borders of Poland.
The size of the farm was 120 hectares and 3 hectares of forest. The farm consisted of a dwelling house, a barn, two pigstys and a granary. Wincenty and Józefa Silnicki had six children: Waclaw, Michał, Józef, Jan, Genowefa, Stefania and Marianna.
After the Yalta conference in 1945, the borders of Poland changed and the region was joined to the Soviet Union. The Silnicki farm was nationalized and became part of the local kolkhoz. In 1946, the Poles were forced to emigrate to Poland.
Wacław and Stefania emigrated to Poland earlier in 1942. Genowefa with one-and-half-year-old Tadeusz, grandmother and one cow traveled to Poland by train for three weeks. Initially she lived in Radzyń Podlaski, then in 1954 in Chocianów then Piława Górna and since 1959 in Swidnica. Joseph fought in the First Army of the Polish Army and crossed the Lenino to Szczecin route. After the end of the war he settled in Elblag, just like his brother Waclaw. Marianna returned to Poland in 1956 with a second wave of emigration. She lived in Swidnica. Jan decided to stay in the Soviet Union. Michał left Poland during the 1939 campaign and settled in Hungary.
The roots of the Pankiewicz family date back to the beginning of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania from the 13th century. Initially, the name was Ginwid. They were boyars belonging to a higher layer of feudal class and they owned large areas of land.
The descendants of the Gwinds moved to Ruthenia in the 15th and 16th centuries. From the popular Ruthenian name Panko the name was changed to Pankowicz and later to Pankiewicz. In 1480 the Pankiewicze received the coat of arms Trąby, the same as that of Radziwiłł.
Pankiewiczes built the village of Bobrowa around 1530 and lived there. They were engaged in farming and as a noble they were not allowed to deal in either craft or trade.
After the January Uprising in 1863, some of the property was confiscated by the Russian government, and some of them were parceled out by the peasants as a result of the Privatization Order in 1864. Since then, the Pankiewiczs gradually departed from Bobrowa.
A large part of the Pankiewicz family moved to Vilnius, the present capital of Lithuania. It is known from the oral tradition that Franciszek Pankiewicz worked there as a Railway Station Commander. At that time it was a very prestigious profession.
Genowefa and Edward Pankiewicz meet in Vilnius during the Second World War. Edward was an officer of the Home Army who fought with Germans and Genowefa was a liaison officer. Wedding takes place in 1944.
When Russia attacked Poland in 1939, Edward and the Polish Army fought to defend Lviv. There he was wounded and found himself in a Ukrainian hospital as a patient and prisoner. He escaped from there and went to Vilnius to Lithuania where he joined the Home Army.
In the autumn of 1944 when the Russians took Vilnius, Edward was arrested. Fortunately, he destroyed all the documents and the Russians did not find out that he was a Polish officer. Instead of being sentenced to death, he was sent without a sentence to yhree years of labor camp in Workuta.
Working conditions in the camp were inhuman. Edward became ill with pneumonia and the parcel with tobacco sent by Genowefa saved his life. Tobacco was traded for penicillin. After two and a half years Edward was released from the camp and returned to Poland. At that time Genowefa was already in Poland with the oldest son Tadeusz.
The Pankiewicz family first settled in Radzyń Podlaski, then in Piława and finally in Świdnica. Edward worked as a teacher and director of the dorm.